What do we do with your information?
When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service form us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- Verify your identity for security purposes
- Sell products to you
- Provide you with our services
- Provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
We use this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to us collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask you personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I opt out?
If after you have opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our store is hosted by Shopify INC. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and service to you. Your data is stored through Shopify's data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you complain about any content on our website, we shall investigate the complaint. If we feel it is justifiable or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
If we think your complaint is vexatious or without nay basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
No payment details are kept on our website or servers. All payment data is fully secure, safe and processed through Stripe and Paypal who are fully PCI compliant.
Cookies are small text files that are placd on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be sorted until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely. Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose, it should also allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- To track how you use our website
- To record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- To keep you signed into our site
- To record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
We record information such as your geographical location, your internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution. We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you. If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
Our use of re-marketing
Disclosure and sharing of your information
Information we obtain from third parties:
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use. No such information is personally identifiable to you.
Third Party advertising on our website
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
Data may be processed outside the European Union
Our website is hosted in the United Kingdom. We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business.Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
Access to your own Information
Access to your personal information
- At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website.
- To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at email@example.com
- After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
Removal of your information
If you wish to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org This may limit the service we can provide to you.
Verification of your information
When we receive any requests to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking nay action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Use of site by children
- We do not sell products or provide services for purchases by children, nor do we market it to children
- If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian.
Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check back that its done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser's URL bar or toolbar.
How you can complain
- If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with Information Commissioner's Office.
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this Privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court
Compliance with the Law